So what's been happening here, then?
RSS feed and Email notifications
You can view a list of all of the updates to Tipshop here: 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016
Thursday 29 December 2016
Merry Xmas, everyone - I hope Santa had something good for you in his bulging sa(ENOUGH! Ed)
Saturday 26 November 2016
It's been a quiet couple of months, tip-wise. Just as well, really,
as Real Life has been anything but.
- Corrected two tips for Kentilla and Eureka which were listed
the wrong way round, thanks to a mistake in the original Crash magazine.
Thanks to John Metcalf for pointing this out.
- Andy Ford provided additional POKEs for Jet Set Willy,
Space Raiders; new POKEs for Frog Hopper; hacks for 20 Tons,
Kokotoni Wilf, Thro' the Wall, Treasure Island and
Wanted: Monty Mole.
- A kind anonymous soul provided tips and a hack for Granny's Garden.
Thank you, whoever you are, mysterious stranger!
- Added RZX Archive links for Adventures of Chipolin, Bigfoot,
Harbinger - Convergence, Homer Simpson 2: In Russia Again,
Mysterious Dimensions, Pac-Man, Quest for the Holy Joystick,
Super Hero, Zunny II and Zunny.
Saturday 01 October 2016
Oops - missed the September deadline - don't tell anyone!!
- Andy Ford provided more hacks and POKEs (and POK files) for Urban Upstart and more POKEs for Jet Set Willy.
He also provided POKEs for Hobbit, The, Horace Goes Skiing and Quill Adventure System, The, and hacks for Hobbit, The.
- John Metcalf provided maps for Dracula, Realm, The and Werewolf Simulator.
- Miguel Garcia provided a tip for Split Personalities.
- Xyzzy got in touch regardingf a discussion on the WoS forums, which aimed at fixing the colour clash on Everyone's A Wally.
While I didn't know what to do with the colour clash mod Myrck did in terms of putting it on here (sorry), the discussion did provide
some additional POKEs by Myrck and Pgyuri.
- Added RZX Archive links for Cap'n Rescue: Reprisal , Ice Temple, The ,
Sam Mallard - The Case of the Missing Swan and Smagly.
Saturday 27 August 2016
It's been pretty quiet tip-wise - too many people going off on holidays, or something.
- Andy Ryals submitted POKEs for Angry Birds Opposition, Exterminator, Flame Princess Adventure Time, Sewer Rage and Vallation: Escape the Pirate Planet.
- Matja submitted a POKE for Batty.
- Pavel Pliva submitted POKEs for Car Wars.
- Added RZX Archive links for 21 Erotic, Angry Birds Opposition, Atlas Assignment, The,
Car Wars, CORE, Crime Santa Clause 2, Death Stalker,
Double Bubble, Dragonsbane, Fantasia Diamond, Firestorm,
Flame Princess Adventure Time, Glass, Gridrunner,
Headbangers Heaven, Homer Simpson in Russia, Island, The,
Laser Zone, Long Way Home Volume 2: The Ludoids, Moon Buggy,
Mummy! Mummy!, Mushroom Mania, Quetzalcoatl, Seahawk,
Sector 90, Sewer Rage, Souls Of Darkon, Spectron,
Star Warrior, TimeTrax, Transfer, Vallation: Escape the Pirate Planet,
Velnor's Lair, Wibstars and Xanthius.
Sunday 03 July 2016
Welcome to the June update. In July (eh? Ed)
- Andy Ford provided even more POKEs for Back To Skool and Skool Daze; a cheat for Technician Ted: The Megamix;
hacks for Benny Bunny: Burrows, Benny Bunny: Firefighter, Benny Bunny: Gold Rush,
Benny Bunny: Litterbugs, Benny Bunny: Monster Mansion,
Benny Bunny: The Haunted Belltower, Invincible Island, Manic Mechanic
and Pixy the Microdot; POKEs for Booty, Chuckie Egg, Computer Scrabble,
Costa Capers, Saboteur!, Strontium Dog: The Killing and
Three Weeks In Paradise.
- GoodBoy provided POKEs for Double Bobble.
- Andy Ryals provided POKEs for Bubble Frenzy, Double Bobble,
Good Night Kanga, Lamega, Magical Tower, Popeye Arcade,
Rotten Eggs and Tourmaline.
- John Metcalfe provided maps for Dark Tower, The and Fantasia Diamond.
- Mat Gubbins provided a cheat for Tourmaline.
- Replaced existing RZX Archive YouTube videos for
Avalon, Back to the Future, Booty, Cauldron, Combat School,
Driller, Exolon, Glider Rider, Hunchback, Jack the Nipper,
Roller Coaster, Sir Fred, Technician Ted,
Three Weeks in Paradise, Trashman and Wheelie.
- Added new RZX Archive links for Dark, The , Doom , Fuck Off , Knightmare 2 ZX ,
Night Breed and Viking Quest 3.
Monday 30 May 2016
I slaved through the tropical weather to do this update. Slaved - I tell ya.. Blood, sweat and tears were involved... Well, sweat was (Eurk. Ed)
- Matthew Logue submitted a map for War of the Worlds, The. He actually submitted it along with the tips which
appeared last month, but I neglected to actually put the map links online. Oops! (You utter gibbon. Ed)
- Eq provided a correction for Nether Poppleton Treasure Hunt, The and another correction for Saga Of A Mad Barbarian.
- Bob Collins provided a map for Sinbad And The Golden Ship.
- Tim Prowse submitted a cheat for Soccer Star that he discovered (and forgot) 26 years ago.
- Bandit provided POKEs for Hammer-Head.
- Added updated YouTube video links for Batman: The Movie, Dark Castle, Fall Guy, Fantasy World Dizzy,
Jet Set Willy 2015 Bug Fixed Edition, Seto Taisho Vs Yokai, Stormbringer (128K), Tiger Road,
Treasure Island Dizzy, Wonder Boy; new videos for Academy, West Bank and new RZX entries and YouTube
videos for Green Sonja, Gruta de los Cuatro Diamantes, La, Jack y el Arca Maravillosa, King,
Moon Magic, Saga of a Mad Barbarian and Tourmaline. I discovered some of the previous RZX YouTube entries
were wrong or missing because of a glitch in the script I used to work them out from RZX Archive. Hopefully(!) I've
fixed the glitch, and the existing mistakes - let me know if you spot any, though.
Friday 29 April 2016
I missed the March update due to Real Life things, so here's a double dunt
- Eq provided some corrections to the solution for Saga Of A Mad Barbarian.
- Pavel Plíva provided POKEs for Dark Castle and Seto Taisho vs Yokai.
- Matthew Logue provided lots of tips for War of the Worlds, The.
- Blerk provided POKEs for Castaway.
- Andy Ryals provided POKEs for Alberto Lupo, Castaway, Dark Castle, Deep Core Raider, Descending Dungeons, Lightfire, Mr. Vintik, RGBobots, Rist-Ro Fighter and Thunderturds 2.
- Bernhard Lutz provided a POKE for Tempest.
- Mark Woodmass provided a compatibility fix for Bomb Jack. Back in 2007. And I forgot to include it on Tipshop. Oops.
- Sergey Rybakov provided additional POKEs for Earth Shaker.
- Updated links on RZX Archive to newer, higher quality versions for: Alchemist,
Ant Attack, Bobby Bearing, Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future, Dizzy,
Ghosts `n Goblins, Ghouls `n` Ghosts, Ghostbusters, Heartland,
Herbert`s Dummy Run, Jetpac, Light Force, Mercenary,
Operation Wolf, Pyramid, The, Pssst,
Simpsons: Bart vs. the Space Mutants, The, Target: Renegade and
Where Time Stood Still.
Sunday 28 February 2016
More database tidying, so the number of tips doesn't go up since these new ones take up the slots previously used by duplicate/merged entries. Maybe next month?
- Andy Ryals provided POKEs for Dingo, Horace Miner 2, Jumpcollision,
Knightmare 2 ZX, Order of Mazes, The, Rabbit in Nightmareland,
Save the Trees, Solargun, Stars (Gumi), Stormfinch and
Wake Me Up!.
- R-Tape provided POKEs for Stormfinch.
- ub880d provided POKEs for Save the Trees.
- Mike_Myers sent in a map for Everyone's A Wally; map, bug, tips and solution for Spider-Man.
- An anonymous person provided POKEs for Jet Set Willy - The Nightmare Edition.
- I updated a POKE for Super Robin Hood.
- Added RZX Archive links (and embedded YouTube videos) for Ahhh!! , Brad Zotes , Castaway ,
Jet Set Willy 2015 Bug Fixed Edition , Knight Ghost , Monkey Biznes , Spherical ,
Wake Me Up! and Xybots.
Sunday 31 January 2016
Happy New Year (bit late? Ed)
- The more perceptive may notice the NUMBER of tips hasn't changed in any significant way since
the last update - I've been going through looking for "split entries", where the same tip type
sent by the same person ends up split across 2 entries. These have been merged, dropping the number
down. That slot is then taken by a new tip. So the number of tips on the database will stay
roughly the same. Hope that makes sense!
- I FINALLY got round to embedding RZX Archive's YouTube links to the existing RZX Archive entries.
This involved a fair bit of cross-referencing RXZ title names against Tipshop, batch importing the
relevant links into the new database field and modifying the perl script used to display Tipshop tips.
In doing so, I found about another 70 RZX links which I'd missed over the years - they're now (hopefully!!) all added.
Hopefully I've not fouled it up somewhere in amongst all that lot!! Thanks very much to Daren Pearcy
for his help in provding the various lists needed to do the comparisons.
- Mike_Myers provided a map, bug report, partial solution, tips and additional POKEs for
1984, Happiest Days of Your Life, The (LOADS of them!), Skool Daze and additional
POKEs and tips for Everyone's A Wally.
- Andy Ford provided more POKEs for Jet Set Willy (and its clones).
- James McKay provided an alternative POKE for Blade Warrior.
- PopCop provided a tip for Stranded 2.5.
- Added RZX Entries for Deus ex Machina, Duet, Grand Prix, 3D and Specball 2016.
If you would like to be kept informed of any future updates, send us an email